Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

You very kindly answered a query regarding my Ford Ranger thunder

Customer Question

You very kindly answered a query regarding my Ford Ranger thunder a few days ago - on speaking with my garage again I have given you the wrong information - they put the diagnostic on the vehicle again on Friday and the fault code that is showing is P0097 - Intake air Temp sensor 2 - circuit low . A MAP sensor was put in early last week and also a T B P sensor - can you tell me if the fault is possibly all tied up with the Mass Air Flow sensor please ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delay
Ok do you have the registration number so I can pull up the relavent wiring diagrams
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Registration number is ***** NSV - thanks

Hi there thanks
If you can leave this with Me I will look through the relavent wiring diagrams and get back to you
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any news yet - my garage have asked me ?

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the intake air temperature sensor 2 is part of the MAF sensor
This 3.0 engine has 2 intake air temp sensors no 1 is part of the MAP / and no2 is part of the MAF.
In most engines it's the other way round but I wanted to double check this setup
So the intake temp 2 is intergrated inside the MAF sensor
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
And once again sorry for the delay
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks very much Brian - have spoken to my garage and they will put in a new MAF sensor - keep fingers crossed !!

Kind Regards

Glynis Hillier

Hi Glynis thank you
If you need any further advice or assistance on this issue please let me
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian

My garage fitted the MAF sensor - seemed OK but then tonight the amber engine warning light has come on again - have you any further thoughts please

Glynis Hillier

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian

Sorry to trouble you again - my garage fitted the MAF sensor today but tonight the amber warning light is on again - any ideas?

Glynis

Hi Glynis ,good evening to you Iam sorry to hear we are still having issues with your ranger Is it the exact same fault code ie :IAT2As this is intergrated into the MAF as per the attached diagram Has the wiring been tested or dataligger viewed to see what the intake air temperature actually is Regards ***** ***** Brian