Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2006 Ford KA and had to change the battery so I need

I have a 2006 Ford KA and had to change the battery so I need to enter the radio code but I don't have an audio guide. How do I do it please? On the cassette flap it says 2050 which I assume is the model number of the radio.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

If you have no note of the code in any of the owners manuals or the radio book.. then you need to pull the radio out... - if you look on the front of the radio you'll see 4 holes - 2 at either side - you need to aquire radio removal keys/pins..to fit in those holes and this allows you to pull the radio out and take down the "M serial number, starts with M then the 6 digits " off the sticker - once you have that - then you can. if prefered come back here and give me the serial code of that sticker and i'll be able to give you your radio code to enter to get the radio working again...but from now on do not enter any other numbers or you risk locking the radio out preventing you putting in the correct code..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Robert,

I already have the 4 digit code number. I just can't work out how to enter it to get the radio working. Also, I'm not sure which is the select button.

Steve

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

the procedure for the 2050rds..should be as follows as long as you have the correct code

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct First Digit Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Second Digit Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Third Digit Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Fourth Digit
If the correct code number is ***** shown
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter

And you should actually hear a beep and the radio will work - Is this any help?