Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a ford mondeo 2litre tdci 59 plate that has done 153000

I have a ford mondeo 2litre tdci 59 plate that has done 153000 miles,it hard to start in the morning and on tick over starts to hunt.What is the problem please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.