Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford Mondeo reg. no BV59UVX registered 2010 having

Customer Question

Hi i have a Ford Mondeo reg. no BV59UVX registered 2010 having problem with central locking. The car locks properly with fob but when you use the fob to open the car it opens everything except the drivers door which i have to open manually with the key.Can you help and give me some idea how much it would cost to fix.
Mr Geoff. Turner
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Geoff ,good afternoon to you
Ok the fault lies with the drivers door latch (internal fault )
This most commonly happens to the rear latches but we do see a few front latches with this issue
The fault is internal of the latch this when the open command cones from the BCMii it cannot release the drivers latch thus you need to release the latch manually
From memory these latches are around £70 but I would have to clarify this exact part number and price as the ford parts system is now down for maintence over the weekend
If you are wishing to replace this yourself I can assist you if you wish
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Geoff please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian as you say in your reply the Ford part department is down for the weekend. Could you please get me the part number and price when it reopens on Monday.

Many Thanks

Geoff.

Hi Geoff no worries
I will post back as sook as I can obtain the part number and price it should be early tommorow Morning
Regards ***** *****
Brian.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian still waiting for model number and price for central locking latch.

Hi Geoff ,good morning to you and Iam very sorry for the delay it I have been away
Ok the drivers door latch you require is ford part number -(###) ###-####£134.31
This part number may be different as on your reg 3 different latches are avaiable thus the chassis number would clarify the exact part number
Kind regards ***** ***** and once again sorry for the delayed response
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Brian i know this sounds a bit strange but the car has started to open on the drivers side intermittently but if i point the fob on the passenger side it opens all the time going to wait and see how it goes but thanks for info anyway

Hi there good morning to you
No worries
Ok it is it irelavent where the fob is pointed as the receiver is inside the BCMii Module
If you need any further assustance please let me know
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Brian thanks for info.

No worries
Regards Brian