Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Ford transit 2013 left running and has locked it self what

ford transit 2013 left running and has locked it self what can i do
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is MIKE -Im happy to help / advise..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Im assuming you cannot reasonably get access to the spare key - that would be the easiest by a long way ---?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
It appears you are not online at the moment.. to save you time then - again, as mentioned above - the spare key option is by far the easiest / less aggro.. and cheapest option if you can possibly get that organised..Other than that , you would have to gain access with whats called a "lockout kit" - Of course you wont have one of these - but if you are a member of any of the breakdown services - they have. Or - a local breakdown / recovery agent can come out to you and gain access that way...There is no easy way Im afraid - and really other than the above - you are into drilling the lock etc - which you really don't want to be doing - I would therefore advise one of the options above as your best way forward with this..
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Once in the van - you will have to determine why that happend.. Some systems are / can be set so that they lock the doors - but that shouldn't happen until the vehicle speed reaches circa 5-10 mph.. depending on where its set. It shouldn't lock as you have experienced - so it will need ideally plug in diagnostic checks to see whats wrong. Wiring breaks / shorts on these are common - especially in or going to the rear doors... so that needs to be checked...
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Bear in mind that this van should still be under warranty though so any checks / repairs should be foc. Indeed - if you cannot get the spare key - a call to the local Ford dealer would be the first option - see if they will cover all this - inc call out to you - FOC under warranty - they should -
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.