Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford galaxy CY60FBZ and 3 wheeks ago fallowing

Hi! I have a ford galaxy CY60FBZ and 3 wheeks ago fallowing codes witch result in changing the vaporizer. P244C,P246B.P24A4.P246C.P2463.P24A4. After one day enother code for changinging oil ( was diesel in it) . Yesterdau I was driving on the motoway and ghess what. Engine malfunction again. Plug the obd in it and code P244C. soot level 70 and the other one 30. After 200 miles P246B and after enother 50 miles the rest of the codes as the first times soot acumulation too high and power restriction mode. The vaporizer glow plug relay estate :off the whole time but the engine cooling fan tried workt at 80 soot and at 90 soot. This was on the motoway when first code come up and I noticed previosly a relacion between the fan and the vaporizer glow plug (on the motoway both was on in the same time. The oil level was one line below half and now is one mil more then full (so my guess is the diesel from the vap back in the slump again). Before having problem the fuel cobsumption was 42.9 and after the new vaporizer(original from ford) consume go down to 40.9. And now when the vaporizer is not working 43.3. The mileage is 137000. (Taxi driver in London but half of the work is on motoway, long trips more then 50-100 miles ).
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok once the bapiurisorv has been changed it should be primed I assume this has been carried out
The fault codes you have
P244c - exhaust temperature too high
P246b - incorrect conditions for regenerations
If p244c is present you MUST reset exhaust gas temperature learned values. And clear codes Before correct conditions are met for regenerations if not you will continue to have issues
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

P244C is not exhaust temp too low? And what is bapiurisorv?. Ok now i'm at the mecanic again and he will reset these values.

Hi there
Iam very Sorry I misread it as 244d into my system
Ok 244c is EGT too low for regeneration
This is most commonly caused by a faulty vapourisor (this is what I meant to type but it automatically changed on spell check )
Either the vapourisor fuse is blown or the fuel is not being injected by the vapourisor due to a pump issue
Has the vapourisor been reset and primed /fuse check and EGT values reset
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When primed how much diesel must flow ? Mine was about 100ml ?

Yes that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Du u kbow what fuse is it and how is called?

Vapourisor glow plug is fuse 9(15amp )
In the battery fuse box(engine bay)
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fuse 9 is cannister purge valve,degas valve and t-maf senzor and 7.5 amps. This is it?

Hi there
Sorry for the delay there is 3 different diagrams for the Galaxy
Ok check fuse 2 (5 amp) in the (BJB)
Regards Brian