Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Gallagher99, I have an electrical problem with my 2007 2.0 Diesel S-max. The drivers

Customer Question

Hi Customer
I have an electrical problem with my 2007 2.0 Diesel S-max. The drivers side windows front and back work but not continuously, they stop more than once in a row while the button is pressed either to close and to open. This stops are syncronized with the window command lights blinking which does not occur in the other side window comands.
Already went to Ford service where the ECU was showing lack of communication with the window control unit located inside of the drivers door, it got replaced but the issue remains.
Another problem which I think might be related is that the battery discharges if the smax is stopped for more than 3 days, it is already the 3rd battery I have bought in less than 6 months, an expensive Varta to make sure it is not the battery itself.
Is it possible that some electronic part might be causing the blinking and window motors to stop and also somehow discharging the battery?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you Ok the most common cause of a loss of communication with drivers door module combined with an intermitent loss of functions on the drivers door is a hairline crack in the power supply wiring loom/pin in the driver door loom (A-pillar area ) this is where it connects to inside the car I have changed many of these looms for intermittent function of the drivers door electrical functions The loom should be removed and the wiring tugged at the A-pillar connection (Note: if the pin has broken you need to replace the loom as the rubber grommet is bonded to the multiplug and can't be removed ) I have attached images to show you the broken /weak pin issue Regarding your battery drain issue if this power supply wire is losing connection and then reconnecting it could wake the drivers door Module back up But a proper battety drain test should be carried out after the door issue is resolved If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback / bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian