Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The roof is stuck on my Ford Focus convertible midway through

Customer Question

The roof is stuck on my Ford Focus convertible midway through closing so the luggage compartment is already open which makes the manual difficult to follow. I can't find the headliner plug it mentions
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is***** happy to help / advise..
Im sorry to see you have had a wait --
With this issue there is little you can do on your own..without equipment. You can make physical checks of the linkages ..its common to get debris from the car, litter etc stuck in a part of the linkages that will cause a jam - so check that ..check too that the boot / shelf part is not actually causing the jam..
If you cannot find the cause as above, you would need a Ford plug in device which will electronically drive it to open / close - but also fault find it by way of fault codes -then to cure the cause..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.