Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Why would my transit be producing white smoke when warm it

Why would my transit be producing white smoke when warm it also is loosing water be there is no evidence of where it is going also very difficult to start it when it has been standing after a trip of about 18 miles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok white smoke from the exhaust is a tell tale sign of coolant entering the cylinder this goes hand in hand with coolant loss
The fact you have a hard starting after driving them the vehicle sitting staionary is commonly because the coolant (under pressure ) drips Into to the cylinder thus on your next start up it is difficult to start due to mis combustion
As if you are losing coolant and there is no visual leaks in combination with white smoke then the coolant can only be entering the combustion chamber either due to a cylinder head gasket issue or a cylinder head issue
This needs to be stripped and investigated further to confirm the route cause
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian