Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Problem is my central locking. I cannot lock the car from

Customer Question

Hi, problem is my central locking. I cannot lock the car from drivers side unless the passenger door is already locked. Likewise if I unlock from drivers side the passenger door stays locked. However the Central locking works perfectly on the passengers side.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to Ok the fault lies with the driver door latch This was a common fault on the mk1 focus focus as the drivers door latch is the main control for the central locking control To resolve the issue you should replace the drivers door latch If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great thanks, ***** ***** buying a cheap part off ebay can you tell me if all mk1 Focus had the same lock or if I need a specific type? Dont really want to buy the wrong one! Thanks again.

Hi there ,
Ok the mk1 drivers door latches May vary from 5 door or 3 door variants but I would really need to double check
But I would suspect they are the same for the drivers latch
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Unfortuantely a new motor didn't do the trick. Still have the same problem!

Hi there good evening to you
Ok was there any corrosion evident in the multiplug of the drivers latch
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I couldn't see any corrosion, it's almost as if the car thinks the passenger side is open as it does the same thing when locking from passenger side if the driver door is open. Could it be the passenger mechanism has failed? Thanks
Hi there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi brian did you need me to send more info?
Ben