Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 1.8 petrol mondeo 2001 erratic revs on stopping at

Customer Question

I have a 1.8 petrol mondeo 2001 erratic revs on stopping at lighs and cutting out on breaking
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you
Ok the most common fault lies with a split /collapsed L shaped breather hose between the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation ) valve and the inlet manifold
These were probe for splitting and causing infected air to be drawn into the engine thus causing hunting idle and slow return to idle
You can sometimes hear the hissing noise from the lower area of the inlet manifold this is the manifold sucking in the undetected air
To resolve the issue you need to replace this L shaped hose which is located behind the inlet manifold
The inlet manifold needs to be removed to replace this hose
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian