Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Left key in ignition over night now key wont switch on engine,

Customer Question

left key in ignition over night now key wont switch on engine, central locking wont activate
radio on but no sound
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help ... Sorry to see you have had a wait.
What you have there more than likely is a flat battery - this will happen if the key was left in - even if it wasn't turned / switched on because the modules on the car cannot "go to sleep" with the key in..
So a recharge of the battery would be the first thing to try or fit a new one if needed - that should be all thats needed to cure your issue there.. Tip for the future though is as above - not to leave the key in as it will deaden the battery.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.