Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My Focus has done 56,000 miles. It has an 07 plate. I recently

My Focus has done 56,000 miles. It has an 07 plate. I recently experienced juddering when starting and idling - one day it cut out completely. It was serviced on May 20 2015 and had hardly been driven since then. My local garage where the vehicle has been serviced from new said there was no-one to do a diagnostic test and repair until August 4 - only a road test; then the car was really difficult to start. In despair I took it to a local garage who discovered 3 worn out, loose plugs and one broken one. They thought they were the original ones. Should such a vital thing as plugs be checked more regularly - I was told they are only checked every 2 years but can find no reference to any checks on paperwork dating back to 23008 - the local mechanic said they were in a bad state of repair. Should I complain to the manager of my garage?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the spark plugs on the 1.6 focus 2007 MY should be replaced every 37,500 miles or 3 years
This is part of the 3rd year major service
They would not be inspected etc at a service. But should be changed every 37.5 k or 3 years
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian