Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford connect that has a problem with a fault light

Hi I have a Ford connect that has a problem with a fault light showing and then loss of power and Cutting out .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you
Do you still require assistance with this fault
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry tried getting back to you but think my internet was playing up! Yes would like some ideas . The Van is fine most of the time but has a tendency to have major power loss if you accelerate hard and then the yellow coil like warning light flashes for a few seconds and then the van just dies . It will restart , but as you can imagine its a bit dangerous on a motorway where it has happened twice both times in 3rd lane trying to overtake lorries ! Luckily they were aware I was in trouble and let me pull in to hard shoulder . It also occurs if it labours sometimes ie if im towing my small trailer and don't get in right gear. Hope this is helpfull . Regards ***** *****

Hi there Rob ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the most common concern regarding your fault ie : limp home mode under harder acceleration (overtaking etc )
is a fuel metering fault (if the PCM /ECU sees a difference of 50 bar + or - the desired value
It will bring on the glue plug light /limp home mode (this is to prevent any possible damage )
This can be caused by a few things on the fuel system most commonly a partially blocked fuel filter which causes a drop in fuel pressure under hard acceleration
the fuel filter should be replaced every 37,500 miles or 3 years but I have seen them block earlier
Other concerns within the fuel system can be worn injectors leaking back too much fuel thus again a drop in pressure is detected
Ideally Rob you should have a diagnostic fault code check done on the PCM /ECU as the fault code is an imperative part of the diagnosis.
Fuel metering issues cause codes of P0251 or P1211
But in most cases under hard acceleration it's a fuel metering issue (blocked filter )
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Rob please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian