Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 1.8 mondeo estate 57 plate I took it past,but

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1.8 mondeo estate 57 plate I took for mot it past,but they done a test on it by turn engine off put hazerd light on and push brake & clutch pedal down together to check for leaks,none were found, tried starting car and would not start, but was firing but would start so left for awhile then started so next few car started first time every morning with no problem until I drove for about an hour the stop came back to car would not start but would turn over and try to fire but mad the engine shack badly then had to wait for an hour then would start. Took to garage to find out what was wrong they told me EGR valve was the problem,so just had changed but still got same problem start up when cold but after run will turn over and try to fire but won't start unless left for and hour ??? Can you help please Many thanks billy...
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk the most common issue we see with the mk4 Mondeo 1.8/2.0duratec -HE Engine emitting a crank No fire when warm is a faulty fuel pump (In the tank )In some cases we see issues with the multiplug and sender assembly pinsYou can now buy the fuel pump / sender and a small wiring loom that can be cut/wired into previous wiring To clarify this the fuel pressure must be checked on crank when the fault is present as in most cases the fuel pressure is too low to start the engine until left to Cool down If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me knowIf you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advicePLEASE RATE MY ANSWERKind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian