Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a ford fusion 1.4 petrol.engine starts missing between

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ford fusion 1.4 petrol.engine starts missing between 1000 and 2000 revs after that it runs ok its ok on tickover as well,new coil 3 months ago,and changed map sensor but problem still there. ally
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if you haven't already then I'd suggest to replace the spark plugs and I'd check the condition of the injector plugs / connections as this could be a lean misfire if an injector isn't firing properly - the best way to check this is with a 'noid' light

http://www.noidlight.com/

Then check all the connections to the engine sensors one at a time, remove each one and examine for signs of corrosion or damage and a squirt of contact cleaner ( not WD40) will also help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** the checks and fitted new spark plugs seems ok now, i think it was 1 of the plugs but not sure, thanks anyway .

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Glad to have helped Alasdair

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?