Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I'm having a problem with my focus titanium 2013 model,

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my focus titanium 2013 model, when I select reverse now the picture in the centre screen has a black dotted line, a grid now comes up that I don't want and the the small picture of the half car does not show when my rear sensors detect could you throw any light on why this is now happening please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is***** happy to help... Sorry to see you have had a wait.
As there has been a wait, please tell me where you are up to at present/ if you do still need help with this -
If so, when you reply - please give me the Full VIN of the car-
Rgds, MIKE...........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi mike
Thanks for replying, I have been in touch with ford customer support as the main deal first told me they couldn't fix it, then they tried to tell me it was working perfectly, they have told me to go to another main deal for a second opinion. I'm totally fed up of this now.
My VIN NUMBER IS *****
Nigel
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello there Nigel -
Thank you for your reply and info there -
Can I just ask - has anything / any work been done on the car at all - prior to this ?
Does the system work ok otherwise?
What is the background - ie... was it working differently before what you describe?
Rgds, MIKE..................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi mike
The system was working fine and just went wrong
I took it to my local main dealer who, over a period of a few weeks, changed the display screen and then updated several software modules but all this has not cured the problem. The system still has the problem.
Nigel
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that Nigel -

As you can probably guess, Im struggling to figure whats wrong - especially as the dealers are saying it is all ok.. that just doesn't seem to make sense.

Now too that you mention its had a new unit AND software updates - that complicates the issue even further - because that is what I was going to suggest next ( software update).. but that would be pointless now.

--Im beginning to think that indeed the suggestion to take it to another / different dealer may well be a good idea here - They tend to show more interest if they think they are getting you as a new customer too.. so all in all, I tend to think that is a sensible step.

The only thing you can really do on a DIY basis is to try a reboot - and sometimes this will work if its glitched... is to disconnect the car battery - and then connect the two battery cable connectors together using a wire.. and leave that way for 30 mins - this will re boot the module, much like a pc..it is after all a computer.

Then re connect the cables to the battery and re try it. ( be sure you have the radio code too first ) if it were here - thats what I would do.. its worth a try Nigel - but if that doesn't work - you are definitely into needing it on equipment again to get to the bottom of it...

Apart from anything Nigel, it is under full warranty so they need to get this sorted for you ..

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.

-- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi mike

sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I asked the main dealer if they had done this and they said it has been, since then I have spoken to customer services again and it looks like they don't want to know about my issue, I contacted a second dealer and they would not even look at it. this to me all sounds too suspicious, nobody wants to know, I have looked on several forums and this seems to be a common problem but ford just close all the doors. can you get me the name of the manufacturer of the reversing system so I can go direct to them to ask them the same questions I have asked fords please.

unless you can come up with another avenue for me to go down, who do I talk to above customer services ?

thanks

nigel