Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a mondeo titanium x 57 reg won't start disconnectin

I have a mondeo titanium x 57 reg won't start disconnectin the battery has no affect battery shows 12.16v new batteries in both remotes they are working OK l get the convers+ screen appear but the nothing clutch down steering stays locked ignition will not come on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you
Does inserting the fob into the recess (keyless overide ) let you put the ignition on
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fob will not fit into the recess,nothing there to fit a key into

Hi there thanks Do you not have a recess like the image I have attached (override the keyless system )Regards Brian
Image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can't find the image, I have a Haynes manual and that suggests there should be an overide but when you take off the round plastic cover where the ignition switch is on non keyless cars there is nothing there

Hi there thanks
Ok if you cannot access the recess then the fault lies with a steering lock module fault /keyless module software issue
To resolve your issue you need to have the part number checked on the steering lock reference ford TSB
If the part number is ***** a certain level the steering lock must be replaced and the software in the keyless module updated
Only ford will be able to carry out this procedure to resolve your issue
As the fault is a software mismatch between the steering lock module and keyless module
In most cases the part number is ***** it's just a software update that is required but in some cases on early builds the steering lock needs to be replaced and software updated
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian