Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Whilst driving today my wing mirrors retracted and when I parked

Customer Question

Whilst driving today my wing mirrors retracted and when I parked up they stayed retracted. What is the likely cause?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is MIKE..
The usual cause of this is chaffed / damaged wiring where it goes through the door to the mirror - check first the drivers side - if not, then the passenger side..
You may have a glitched module - that controls it - but 9 times out of ten - its as above.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.