Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Sean, i have a 2003 transit van-filled up with 10 ltre of

Customer Question

Sean, i have a 2003 transit van-filled up with 10 ltre of petrol accidently. now drained all fuel, put new filter on, bled fuel lines, engine still does not start. even pumped fuel from tank to filter, made sure filtrer is full of fuel now. engine still will not start. have tried to bleed with pump above the fuel filter, found that spary of fuel is very weak as well.

do you still think there is air still in the system of something else..

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
How far if at all was the van driven with petrol in the tank? Ross.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he filled up approx 18 ltr petrol , then realised, and filled the rest of tank with diesel, drove only about 3km or less.went home. and could not start up van the next day.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok, clearly there is a good chance this problem is directly linked to the misfueling but this sounds like failure of the fuel pump control module which is very common on these, have you carried out a fault code scan yet? Although it would be a coincidence for something unaffected to fail so soon after it is a possibility so worth ruling out first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes have checked codes - nil codes..

Also suspecting fuel pump..and had a look at it today...quite a job to remove..

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
It does sound like the fuel pump has failed, I suspect it may be down to damaged seals, although I wouldn't rule out random failure of the control module on the pump. Unfortunately it is a bit of an awkward one to get to but once some things are out of the way its reasonably simple to get the pump off, I recommend removing the complete front slam panel for best access.It may be worth taking the pump to an electro-diesel specialist as they can usually test the control unit on the pump and repair it if necessary (may need to be sent away) but it often works out more economic than sourcing a new/used pump.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.