Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My ignition lights stay on even when I take the keys from the

My ignition lights stay on even when I take the keys from the ignition.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help /advise.When you say "ignition lights"... if you mean the battery / oil lights .. then this is usually down to a fault with the ign unit / electrical unit on the back of the ign switch itself.... but - some of these had whats called a "main relay" fitted. If yours has one of these fitted, that should be checked as it would need replacing if faulty - that will cause this too.I dont have enough details on the car to tell you on the above - but that does need to be checked on before condemning the ign unit.One other thing that will cause this - if the ign light alone is staying on - is an alternator fault. You would need to check the wiring for any damage / faults to it - and then unplug the alternator.. If the light goes out, you have a faulty alternator.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert