Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Went to start it yesterday and it just went click click lick

Customer Question

Went to start it yesterday and it just went click click lick a flat battery but it started with a push and started fine the rest of the day, went out today to start it, when I went to start it it made a pinging noise like when your lights are on and you take your key out and open the door but it did start went 200 yards stopped the car to go to shop got back in to start it and it just made the clicking noise.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you Ok from your description of your issue I would be replacing the battery as your symptoms indicate a battery voltage issue thus you get the click /click noise You can use a multimeter to measure the voltage across the battery on crank you will find it drop to around 8 volts (too low to start engine properly If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian