Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a new ford Kuga automatic Zetec 2 litre,the problem

Customer Question

I have a new ford Kuga automatic Zetec 2 litre,the problem I am getting with it is changing from p to r to n and drive, when I push the button to change to these settings when the car is turned on,I find them very stiff at times to put them into these settings,what could be the problem. Many thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is***** this issue, its most likely that you have a partiall seizure of the cable - or where the bottom of the selector connects to the cables...Im afraid it will have to be stripped open to check physically - A garage should be able to do this for you in around an hour - plus any parts... Of course, it will depend on what is found exactly as to an exact time to repair as above.But thats where it needs checking to progress to cure this for you.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE