Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have bought an 05 plate Ford ka and there is a problem with

Customer Question

I have bought an 05 plate Ford ka and there is a problem with the central locking system.When you turn the key in the lock the mechanism keeps turning but does not always unlock the car.When you get in and shut the door the mechanism locks you in.
Is this a common problem and is it easy to fix or does it require expert mechanic ?
Please can you assist as the care is for my daughter who is not happyv - help!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello -
My name is ***** *****
Im happy to help... Sorry you have had a wait.
Please reply here and let me know if you do still need help - then we can carry on.
Rgds, MIKE.............................