sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a problem with my transit 2.4 tdci 2009 115 bhp

Customer Question

hello i have a problem with my transit 2.4 tdci 2009 115 bhp don's start after change crankshaft pulley when pluged to diadnostic troble code p251A swowin (power take off switch open sircuit)
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.How did you remove the crank Pulley? Was the van running OK before removing the pulley?Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello yes van was runing perfect before remuve drive belt first and after that remuve 3 bolts with hold crank pulley to crankshaft
put new one and replace bolts with new put belt back . try to start engine but does not start plug diagnostic and troble dode p251a (power take off enable switch open surcuith) after that replace crankshaft position sensor with new one and change fuel pump regulator
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, sorry for the delay.
The PTO code doesn't matter and won't stop the van starting, if the PCM was running the latest calibration you wouldn't see this code.
With regard to the non start if when you undid the 3 crank bolts you turned the engine backwards this can cause the timing chain to jump so start with checking this, it is a long job but with the information you've given it would be a logical start.
Let me know if I can advise further.
Regards,
Sean.