Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Bonnet release ford kuga key turning left and right nothing

Customer Question

bonnet release ford kuga key turning left and right nothing happening
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the Delayed response
Ok the fault lies with a broken bonnet release rod /clip a common issue on the focus
This rod is Attached to the bonnet latch and activates the latch when the key is turned
The end part of the rod breaks between the rod and the latch
You will need a new bonnet build up kit to resolve this issue
then the ONLY way to access /open the bonnet to complete repair is to remove the 2 x 10 mm volts from the bonnet latch from underneath the vehicle
This is tight on the focus /c-max but manageable
with the under-shield dropped down remove the 4 x10 mm bolts that secure radiator bracket remove/drop the radiator downward this gives you more room to access the latch bolts
And using a light look upward and you will see the 2x10 mm bolts that hold the latch to the body
What you need to do Is remove these 2 bolts then using a suitable lever /screwdriver lever the latch out of its locating pegs and push the bonnet up
The bonnet will come up with the latch locked on to it
This is the only way of getting round this issue
This can be a tight job to do )removing the latch bolts as there is limited room
I personally use a ratchet spanner to remove them
Or a very small quarter drive ratchet and socket
Once removed the new part can be installed
This comes as a lock kit (you can just swap the old lock Into the new rod assembly by punching the very small roll pins out
As building these locks isn't straight forward
The lock kit is around £40 from memory (can check the exact part a f price if you require this)
and the complete job takes around 1 hour to 1.5 hours labour to complete so
Depending on who is doing the job
I have personally done many /many of these lock kits so can do it in around 30-45 mins this includes gaining access and building fitting new lock kit
But most dealers will charge 1- 1.5 hours labour plus the part
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian