sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

1.6TDCi Focus 2004. Power loss, no revs over 2700. DPF pipe broken & replaced, no

Customer Question

Hi, 1.6TDCi Focus 2004. Power loss, no revs over 2700. DPF pipe broken & replaced, no change. Main dealer said Turbo failed, changed it no effect. Now saying DPF blocked? Independent technician States no, pressures ok. What do I do now? Suggestions please
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I hope the following assist you.If the DTC is for a blocked DPF this could have been due to the DPF pressure sensor pipe breaking that was repaired previously. Due to the pipe breakage the pressure shows as a DPF fault but once repaired if the DPF learned values aren't reset then the DPF blocked DTC will keep coming back.First confirm the actual DTC stored in the PCM and if it is a blocked DPF code have the learned values reset, the code should then clear. Check the DPF sensor voltage to see what reading the PCM is receiving as if only the pressure is checked with a gauge tis may read OK but the sensor can give the wrong voltage. No pressure should be around 0.5 volts.Start with these points, let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.Best wishes,Sean.