Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have just bought a 2002 Ford Fiesta Ghia ( 02D9269)

Customer Question

Hello, I have just bought a 2002 Ford Fiesta Ghia ( 02D9269) in Dublin.
The battery has been changed and I need a code to activate the radio.
can you help.
HC
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit
Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit
If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725
If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately
If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, I pressed the 1 and the 6 buttons and I got either SO 70012 or(###) ###-####
Hope that is of use,
Thanks, ***** *****
Hi Hugh thanks
Ok unfortunately this isnt the serial number I require
Can you press and hold 2&6 as your unit is older
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, I tried the holding 2 and 6 at the same time and got no response.
WhenI tried the 1and 6 combination the letters DP MV and SH along with the 50 or. SO 70012, .
Also on the front of the radio/CD unit is 6000CD RDS and E-O-N.
Do these give any useful clues ?
Thanks, Hugh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I still haven't got an answer which would fix my problem.
This is very unsatisfactory as I have paid 20 Eoro for an "EXPERT" to fix it.
I would like a refund please.
Hugh Comerford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hugh..
My name is***** sorry to see you have had problems..
Im happy to help you from here as you have put the question as a re list , I can do that.
Im afraid its not an exact science at all for these radios to give the serial number with button presses... what you need to do is to pull the radio out to get the serial number off the side..
With that , I can get the code for you.
The only other way -- which you may find easier / quicker, is to give a local Ford dealer a call - they will be able to give you the code, if the set is the original - they will need the cars VIN for that .
Or again - going back to getting the set out, its really quite easy - you can get the extraction tools for literally a few euros - 4/ 5 from any good car shop - then you simply pull the radio out.. you don't have to disconnect anything - just give me the serial number, that starts with either a M or a V as mentioned.
Let me know if you need anything more at all Hugh...or if you have the serial , then we can go from there.
Best Rgds MIKE.