Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My audio system in my Ford Mondeo estate 2.5T just stopped

My audio system in my Ford Mondeo estate 2.5T just stopped working, I can not switch it on, all info disappear from main screen.
First, I thought it would be the fuse from the main fuse box ( fuse F6) which is a 10A.
but when I look on the internet, it seems that the fuse for the audio system should be a 15A.
Could you please advise on this matter?
Many thanks *****
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is***** happy to help.
If the system is totally dead.. nothing.. then some of these had a fuse plugged into the rear of the radio.. you need to extract the radio from the dash to check / change that.
Either way - even if you find its not a fuse there - once out you then need to check for power on the plugs going to the radio - If no power is found, you need to check back through the circuit to find the fault. ( do be sure you have checked the fuses on the fuse box first )
If power is there - and the set is dead, you have an internal fault on the radio that would then require repair.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE