Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an 09 1600 diesel focus, the enjine cuts out usually

Customer Question

I have an 09 1600 diesel focus, the enjine cuts out usually under acceleration if the ignition is turn off the immediately on the car restarts, I have changed cam and crank sensors thank you in advance
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is***** happy to help / advise.
With this issue you are not likely to get any fault codes - and certainly not if you dont have any engine fault light on - which you haven't said it was.. what you NEED here is proper diesel test equipment connecting on the fuel system to see exactly what is going on.
The first thing is to test the flow rate - the condition of the injectors before the actual pump.
Im assuming you have done the general such as replacing the fuel filter - and often you get problems with these with the fuel filter body - where the filter attaches ..Some people replace these as a matter of course when changing the filter - Too - you need to check the fuel lines / connections for any air leaks... bear in mind that you wont always see fuel leaks - they can usck air in without leaking fuel out. Really the best way to test this is with a vacuum pump system.
So thats the way forward on this one now as above to get to the bottom of this for you - generally such symptoms are fuel system related - that as above is the way to work to trace this down and get it fixed for you.
I would recommend to use a local Diesel Specialist if you have one as they have the needed proper test equipment.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE