Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My airbag light is on and the reading fault code says b1a55

my airbag light is on and the reading fault code says b1a55 and failure type 14 and status 8a.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.The definition of your codes are as follows :DTC B1A55 14: Event notification signal circuit short to battery.You need to use test equipment to determine why you are getting this code / fault..I dont know what equipment or expertise you have - but you need to have at least a good model volt / Ohm test meter - and a decent knowledge of vehicle electronics -- If you do not, you really are best left - and best advised to leave this job to a Ford dealer - or a good Auto Electrician - I will give you the info from the Ford Tech man on this for you either way - as follows:WARNING:To avoid accidental deployment, the RCM backup power supply must be depleted. Wait at least one minute after disconnecting the battery ground cable(s) before commencing any repair or adjustment to the SRS, or any component(s) adjacent to the SRS sensors. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.NOTE:Use a digital multimeter for all electrical measurements.1Ignition switch in position 0.2Disconnect RCM C2R114-A.3Disconnect CJB C1BP02-C. These are connectors plugs in the air bag / SRS circuit -under the dash.4Ignition switch in position II. 5Measure the resistance between the RCM C2R114-A pin 23, circuit CR115A (BN), harness side and ground. Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?YesREPEAT the self-test, CLEAR the DTCs. REACTIVATE the system.NoREPAIR circuit CR115A (BN). REPEAT the self-test, CLEAR the DTCs. REACTIVATE the system.You can see its quite complicated -and you must be sure of what you are doing -or you can cause expensive damage to the system - I have to mention that you understand.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile right now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

first clarify what the initials stand for and according to ford after getting codes they tell me crash recorded on restraint control module and wont clear so i need a new one and it has to be programed to vehicle before we know what crash sensor is grounded or open as code says.is the right.