Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Ford Galaxy 2,3 from 2000 - suddently it can't st

I have a Ford Galaxy 2,3 from 2000 - suddently it can't start.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to spray the electornics i the motor room.
I have tried spray Pronto in the air-intake.
I have checked the fuses for the fuel pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn the key, there is no life at all. And when I turn the key back, 5 long beep sounds.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
If the car's not cranking then first check it can turned over by hand so double checking for any mechanical issues
If OK then check that the main battery cables are on tight and the terminals are clean and bright. Do the same for the engine / gearbox earth strap.
Then follow the main positive lead back to the engine and down to the starter motor, and check the connection at this end as well.
There should also be a small wire to the motor which should have 12V when you're turning the ignition switch to crank. If the 12V isn't there, check back along this wire for damage to the insulation or corroded connections
This 12V feed comes directly from the ignition switch so this may be faulty and need replacing
Check the resistance of the main positive lead that runs down to the motor as anything more than a few ohms and it should be replaced
Don't forget to try a jump start from another car / battery as its possible the battery is poor, if you have a voltmeter a healthy battery should read 12.7+V
also try substituting the battery for another as I've known a very flat battery to drag down the system voltage too far even with jump cables
one other thing to consider is that the immobiliser is faulty and preventing the starter from being enabled - however if the dash / ignition lights are on then this usually means that its off
If this is all OK then its possible the car needs a new starter motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was not precise enough when I described the error.
The motor turns around very vell, but there is no explosives in the engine.
I tried to spray Pronto diesel start in the air manifold, there was a few coughs, as if it were just about to start, but then died again.
So I think there is a lack of gasoline. That's why I checked the fuses for the fuel pump.
When I read the owner's manual it says something about a safety switch, located under the driver's seat, but no switch under my seat in my Ford :-(
Should I hear the fuel pump when the vehicle is to ignition?
What does the 5 beeps mean?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the fuel pump should run briefly for a second of 2 when you 1st turn on the ignition try opening filler cap to hear the pump more clearly
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt
I have changed the fuel pump and the fuel filter. And my car starts every time again.
Thank you for the help.
James