Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mondeo mk2 central looking fuse keeps blowing but the alarm

Mondeo mk2 central looking fuse keeps blowing but the alarm still works and when I change the fuse only the front 2 and 1 rear door and tailgate unlock
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.I note though you have not been back to view since the 13th when you posted.. Please let me know if you do still need help with this - then if so we can progress from there.Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes still need help before going to local garage

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply..Ok - with this issue / symptoms - the key to the cause of the fuse blowing is the non working rear door lock -There can be a couple of causes for that - one is a seizing lock on the said door (the non working door )..and the excessive amps draw when the system is activated, can cause a fuse to blow... so there's that - but I think you will find the problem in the wiring --usually this is the case.If you check the rubber wire trunking - where it connects between the car body and the door - open that up and carefully look for damaged / chaffed / broken wires.... If thats the case, one, the lock wont work and two, when you operate the system, a bare wire will short to earth and blow the fuse.Sometimes you get the damaged wire inside the car body - or the door... in which case, if you cannot find the issue inside the rubber tube area itself, you will need to remove the door panel to check further -- Again - thats the usual cause so the first place to be looking before consideration of a faulty lock mechanism.Now - If it is that the said door won't unlock and so will not even open, then that makes life more difficult.. the door has to be got open to cure this issue.You can use a garage who has a lock out kit - to slide tools down inside the window to open the door that way... and thats the best way.... but if not, you would have to remove the door panel from the inside with the door closed... a tip is to remove the back bench seat and slide the front seat fully forward to give you more working room.. Once the panel is off - you can manually trigger the lock / mechanism to open the door - and then progress to fix it as outlined above.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be only on a little today due to other commitments but will always get back to you asap thereafter if needed.~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert