Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford fiesta lx 1299cc first registered 21/11/2002 is

hi my ford fiesta lx 1299cc first registered 21/11/2002 is not blowing hot out of the heaters yet the pipe in and out are getting quite warm also the top hose and the expansion bottle are very hot the bottom hose is just hot i believe its the duratec engine thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Fo you still require assistance with this issue Kind regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I NEED ASSISTANCE WITH MY ISSUE THANKS

HEATER CONTROL VALVE
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the most common cause of this issue is a faulty heater control valve (located on the bulkhead ) it has 4 hoses attached to it and a 2 pin multiplug
I always advise checking the wiring /controlled earth to the valve as in some cases the control panel can be the issue
the heater control valve has 2 wire going to it
it has a 12 volt feed on the violet/black wire ( this is powered from fuse 13 ( 15amp)
this is located in the CJB ( just under the steering wheel to the right handside )
also ensure that fuse 2 ( 7.5amp) in the CJB is ok as this powers the heater control panel
the heater control valve is controlled/opened using a variable earth from pin 5 at the heater control panel to pin 2 at the heater control valve ( black/green)
if the heater control valve has been replaced then this is ruled this
the easiest way to check if the heater control panel/wiring to the heater control valve is working is to dissconnect the multiplug and connect either a noid light or a circuit tester ( using a paper clip etc)
and put the temperature dial to the middle ( the light should pulse )
if you turn the dial to fully hot the light will go out if you put the dial to cold it will stay on constant (voltage applied )
As when the valve isn't powered it stays open (hot air )
Also if a heater valve is NON FORD. I have seen the pins being too short in the non ford heater valve to pyshically connect to the multiplug thus leading to constant hot air
if you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
if you are completley satisfied with my answer/advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi my car was registered on 21/11/2002 think its the mk6 was told they dont have these valves thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi left you another question thanks