Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2005 ka, when starting the engine the speedo, fuel, temperature

2005 ka, when starting the engine the speedo, fuel, temperature gauges chatter for a few seconds and the odometer switches to tripmeter which is reset to 0.0 miles.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
With this issue you have - its usually indicative of a poor / weak car battery - but it can also be down to poor / bad connections - either on the battery or, on the circuits from it.
So first - check the connections on the battery - ensure they are perfect. Then also check - follow the black / neg cable down - check where it connects to the body - and then the cable connection between the body and transmission.... Any bad connections here will cause this issue.
You can check by following the red cable also - but its usually the earth side that gives this issue... but check at the back of the alternator and the starter motor for good connections.
If all proves ok as above - then you need to have a proper - pro test done either at a garage or car battery seller, on the battery - that will test for weak cells / plates in the battery... This will likely be your cause - but you do need to check all as above first - just in case.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE