Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Galaxy 2012 tdo manual. Intermittent.

Customer Question

Galaxy 2012 tdci manual. Intermittent. Typically when readying for gear change between 3rd and 4th , often around 2000 to 2300 rpm. ... The gear change light comes on.... but the engine seems to " surge" , almost as if I was deliberately slipping the clutch on and off. Once I change gear it settles down ?

When I say surge. . It's more like a power loss (like it's being held back by a rubber band), then it picks up again , then power loss (briefly) then picks up again until I change gear.

I can stop it happening by accelerating harder through to 3000 revs before the gear the light comes on

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, I paid the £14, so I'd like an answer if there is one. If not, I'd like a refund please ?

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello 1st thing to try is the check the clutch position switch, this is located at the top of the pedal in the drivers footwell and is used by the ECU to control the engine power during gearshiftsits a simple 2 wire device so an continuity check with a meter will show if its faulty or not
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.