Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

How do I remove the sliding door panel of a Ford -Max

Customer Question

how do I remove the sliding door panel of a Ford B-Max
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you a sorry for the delayed response Ok Iam having issues posting images of your requested repair procedure if you can leave this with me I will rest tempt to post images /descriptions of the procedure as this is easier than attempting to describe the procure fully Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there here is the images I promised If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWERKind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The images are so poor are cannot see what has to be done. Can you please send better images as these are really fuzzy.

James

Hi James Sorry about that it can happen from time to time depending on file type I have reposted better quality images of the procedure which I hope will assist you Kind regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the improved images but there are still a couple of things I am not sure about. Looking at my door (it is the door behind the passenger, not the one shown in diagrams, which is the one behind the driver), much of the bottom part is not easily accessible; do I have to remove or partly remove the door to access the bottom part of the trim? If so how do I achieve this, can I say remove the two fixings at the rear end of the door and swivel the door out? Also, the fixings shown in the diagram, are they screws or/and clips and do I need any special tools for them? What about the trim removal tool, is that required or is there something else that will suffice?

If you can give some written explanation it would help to understand what I am supposed to be doing please.

Hi there good morning to you

Ok these images are the exact images we work off in the delearship
They show the drivers side but are identical repair for passengers side

The first trim (lower trim is held by clips )
The upper trim next to the window is held by clips

There is 2 screws at behind the lower trim and 2 screws behind door /grab handle area

Once these screws are removed the full panel is held by push clips this then pulls outward

The trim tool it mentions is a plastic U shaped fork tool used to pry trims off without damaging/marking them

These panels are tight to get off as access is restricted but you don't need to remove rollers eye to remove the sliding door interior panel

Regards in advance

Brian