Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I own a ford connect van and my window screen washers have

I own a ford connect van and my window screen washers have just stopped working, they are toped up with water but when I want to use them the water does not come out,there is no sound of a moter working, can you help me please?.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok do you have the registration number there as there is a few different setups in regards ***** ***** /wiring and operation of the front washers
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes its YG54 ZUA
Hi thanks
Ok there is only one fuse on this system that supplies the switch it is fuse 56(20amp in the interior fuse box ) behind glove box
This fuse will be ok as in nearly every occasion it's the washer pump that is the issue
The quickest way forest the wiring into remove the 2 pin multiplug from the pump and place a noid light ir bulb with 2 wires attached and work the switch -the bulb will light up indicating the pump is the issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou Brian for your answers can you tell me where the washer pump is, I tried the fuse and it was o.k.
Hi there thanks Ok the washer pump is located (pushed into the washer resivoir ) You need to remove the washer bottle neck and the remove the passengers side inner wheel arch liner (remove the wheel as well as it makes it easier Then remove the 2x10 mm bolts from the resivoir and the bottle will drop down to gain access to the washer pump I have attached an image to assist you If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian