Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Ford C-Max Reg.EK12 DPF.Over the last two years I

Customer Question

I have a Ford C-Max Reg.EK12 DPF.Over the last two years I deceided to endeavour to buy premium diesel from Shell. With my local garage I started to experience problems with the pump cutting out as if full although I know it is empty.Recently I only got about £1.50 in before it cut out.When using other Shell Stations I have no problems.My concern is that this Shell station has recently been updated with new pumps which may have different length nozzles.Will this mean I have more problems as stations become updated or is there a problem with the inlet to my tank ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello you may have a blocked breather on your tank but being as you're having no issues at other garages I'd say the new pumps at your local station need some adjustment, as the point at which they cut off can be set I'd raise the point with the garage owner and ask if anyone else is having issues
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.