Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 02 2.4 transit when you put it into reverse and I

I have a 02 2.4 transit when you put it into reverse and I put my foot on the gas pedal it cuts out it is automated please help also I have a knocking noise on the engine when running go s away when rev up I have had two injector s done does it mean that the other two need doing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you
. Ok The fault will most probable and common fault we see lies with the electronic gearshift selector assembly fault
Located on the side of the gearbox . the only way to correctly diagnose these faults with the durashift system is through Fords IDS laptop as a fault code check /gearshift tests are imperative -
Other issues we see are worn clutches or excess travel on travel of the slave cylinder caused by a worn clutch
this diagnostic software on fords ids laptop must be used to diagnose these ASM gearbox issues and allows the technician to monitor all the relavent signals from the transmission control module ,
the first check that Shoukd be done is to inspect the wiring Very closely
between the TCM ( Transmi ssion Control Module ) and the electronic gearshift actuators
The wiring must have all its insulation/ tape/ covex tubing removed and be inspected visually from theTCM to the gearshift actuators for ANY signs of chaffing or more commonly corrosion ( blue/green on the wiring )
and also check all connections/multiplugs for damage/ or corrosion
I can also not stress how important fords ids software is in diagnosing these ASM systems as they are very complex and technical
regarding your diesel knock it is not uncommon for all injectors to end up needing replaced after one it two has been replaced for an issue
if you need any more advice on this issue please let me know
if you are completley satisfied with my answer PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can the diesel knock be become I have not changed all the injector s and what about the diesel knock sensor and does the automatic gearbox have a slave cylinder also could it cut out in reverse on if the left pump timing is out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the information I asked you about this morning

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the information I sent to you this morning

Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response I have been dealing with a family issue
Ok the diesel knock is most commonly caused by an over fuelling injector causing too much fuel to enter the cylinder
It is not uncommon to change 1/2 injectors and the extra pressure be pushed to the next 2 injectors
If the pump timing was out you would have running concerns and fault codes Relating to pump timing errors
The ASM. Gear box on transit is a manual gearbox which is electronically /hydraulically controlled
It has a combined slave /master cylinder
This ASM system is very complex and has many components as part of the system
This should be diagnosed using the ford ids software
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure it is a manual gearbox as it only has three buttons on the dashboard which are reverse netray drive

Hi there can you give me the registration number and I will clarify the exact setup
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The registered is AJ02CVH

Hi there thanks
Ok as I suspected your vehicle has the mt75 (manual gearbox box ) ASM /AGS (automated gear selection )
Thus the complexity of the system
Basically this is a manual 5 speed gearbox with electronic automated gear selection done through hydraulic /electronic modules
Diagnosing these systems must be carried out using the ford ids software as there is so many components that must meet limits for the system to operate correctly
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian