Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a mondeo titanium x automatic 2008 registration the

I have a mondeo titanium x automatic 2008 registration the cruise control refuses to engage any ideas as to why and how to fix?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the most common cause we see on the mondeo In regards ***** ***** cruise control not working is a faulty switch (either left or right on the steering wheel ) These switches work in tandom so if one fails the other doesn't work eitherWhen the switch is pressed it sends a signal to the steering wheel module which then transmits it to the BCMii and then from the BCMii to the PCM /ECU Ideally you should have a diagnostic fault code check done on the (Bcmii ) body control module To clarify what code is logged The most common code is bo10a this is a switch stuck code and indicates a switch issue If you unplug one of the switches the other one should operate but ideally have the fault code clarified first Other issues we see are stuck /incorrectly operating clutch switches but this is more rare And if the clutch switch was stuck you could start the vehicle without pressing clutch pedal down (by only pressing the power button If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian