Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford focus ecoboost 1 litre 2012 wont start turns over fine

Ford focus ecoboost 1 litre 2012 wont start turns over fine happened just after checking fluid levels. Doors lock and unlock fine with both keys any ideas.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you Ok the most common issue we see on the 1.0 ecoboost regarding crank no fire issues is a failed fuel pump (electric lift pump in the tank ) I have changed many of these pumps for this exact concern When you put the ignition on you should hear a whirring noise under the rear seats this is the pump priming When the pump fails it cannot supply the engine with fuel (no noise when ignition is on ) To resolve this issue once clarified you will need a new fuel pump (in fuel tank ) If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Hi there good morning to you
How did you get on with our issue
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fuel pump is working fine.

Spoken to senior Ford technician said it was probably flooded and to crank over with the pedal down to get rid of access fuel.

I have never flooded a fuel injected road car.

I tried this and it now reads cranking time exceeded and wont even turn over its now at the main dealers.

Thanks for the answer

Dave

Hi there Dave good evening to you.
Thanks for replying
I myself am a qualified ford specialist technician do know these ecoboost engines very well and have never heard or seen one flooding itself
If the fuel pump is working correctly ie: priming then the next possible cause is the low fuel pressure sensor as this controls the fuel pump variable pressure and can cause the pump to put out low fuel pressure leading to a crack no fire
This logs a low pressure A/B fault code
Regarding the crank time exceeded this is a safety strategy function to stop the starter over heating when we see a crank no fire issue
If you wait a minute or so it will let you crank it again
These engines don't suffer many issues in regards ***** ***** issue albeit I have seen a few tha have overheat/lost coolant causing engine damage
But most commonly its fuel pressure issue we see
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Dave going forward
Or need clarification of what you are being told please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are
If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
We can continue on this same post
Brian