Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

HOW CAN YOU OPEN A FORD MONDEO BONNET THAT HAS STUCK FAST .

Customer Question

HOW CAN YOU OPEN A FORD MONDEO BONNET THAT HAS STUCK FAST . IT IS NOT A CABLE TYPE, IT IS ONE WITH A KEY YOU TWIST TO THE LEFT THEN TWIST TO THE RIGHT. I HAVE TRIED SITTING ON THE BONNET WHILE TRING TO TURN THE KEY WITH NO LUCK.
JOHN
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there John good afternoon to you
Ok unfortunately the only way to access and remove this type of lock fitted to the mk3 Mondeo is to cut the grill away in the centre (I always advise doing it behind ford badge so you dont need to replace the grill )
and using a sharp chisel remove the 2 shear bolts that hold the lock in place
Once these shear bolts are removed you can pull the lock out and use a long screwdriver to open the bonnet
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue John please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, WELL THE BONNET IS STILL LOCKED DOWN. I HAVE DRILLED OUT THE TWO SHEAR BOLTS, BUT THE LOCK REFUSES TO MOVE OR RELEASE THE BONNET. CAN I DRILL OUT THE LOCK ? WILL THIS RELEASR THE BONNET,OR AT LEAST GIVE ME ROOM TO GET A SCREWDRIVER IN TO MOVE ABOUT? JOHN
Hi john good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok once the shear bolts are removed the full lock just pulls outward and this allows you to use a screwdriver to turn left then right
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK BRIAN,
THE LOCK IS NOW OUT. I HAVE TRIED PUTING SCREWDRIVERS IN THE HOLE LEFT BY THE LOCK BUT WITHOUT SUCCESS. IDID NOTICE THAT ON THE END OF THE LOCK WAS A PLASTIC TUBE THAT HAD A SMALL CAM ON THE TOP. I TRIED TO POSITION THE SCREWDRIVES AT THAT PLACE AND TWIST TO THE LEFT WITHOUT ANY LUCK. I FIND IT VERY HARD TO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WITH NO DRAWINGS. ANY MORE IDEA'S.
SORRY THAT I SEEM THICK.
REGARDS JOHN
Hi john once the lock is removed look inward using light using flat or bigger star screwdriver open the bonnet (some times you many need to push inward and turn at the same time I have had to do this many times over the years Regsrds brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HALLELUJAH BRAIN,
THE BONNET IS OPEN. IN FACT MY DAUGHER OPENED IT TO MY EVER LASTING SHAME. I FELT IF YOU HAD TOLD ME TO ENGAGE A CROSS HATCH HOLE AT THE REAR THEN I MAY HAVE OPENED IT MYSELF. THE MAIN THING IS WE GOT THERE IN THE END.
MANY THANKS,
JOHN
Hi john good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
That's great news
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue john please let me know
If you ever need any future help or technical assistance with your vehicle please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you have been Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian