Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford transit van with fuel issue. according to the book,

Hi, ford transit van with fuel issue. according to the book, the fuel shut off should be located left side panel but its not. any ideas? cheers Raewyn
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok what is the actually concern you have ie: crank no fire as you mention a fuel issue
Do you have your registration number
Does the flow plug light flash
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
FTM910 Cranking fine and will fire on ether, no to glow light flashing when cranking, I assume that it has fuel pump in tank ?
Hi there
Do you have the chassis number as this reg does not come up
Do you mean the engine fires on easy start
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes easy start. we are in NZ so rego won't work. chassis probably won't either??
no fueil issue as tries cranking.
thinking its the shutoff solenoid - do you know where it is on this vehicle?
I can try the vin firstly to see what engine set up is fitted
Unless you have this information. Ie: 2.0tddi or 2.4tdci etc
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wf0lxxttfl4k62841115 t350 on the side of van
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2.4 l turbo diesel
Hi there
I was just checking the setup
Ok your vehicle is the 2.4TDDI 115bhp ) direct injection) no electrical connectors on injectors (this confirms it is a TDDI )
The TDDI Varient doesn't have a fuel cut off switch or a fuel lift pump in the tank the fuel system
I advise. Hand priming the filter and then the injectors must be cracked one at a time to enable starting (and bleeding the system of air
If the vehicle fires on easy start then we know it's a fuel concern (most commonly a faulty fuel pump )
If you crank the engine and slacken one pipe at a time the fuel should spurt with pressure from the injector pipe If it is just foaming /dribbling out
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your help. we will do that.