Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a gutless transit whilst driving up hills, the transit

Hi I have a gutless transit whilst driving up hills, the transit is a 2.0l (03 reg) with a duratorq di engine, any ideas?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have removed and cleaned the EGR valve, also changed the fuel filter, oil filter and air filter
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you Does the overall drive feel sluggish and obviously more noticeably on hills Are any warning lights flashing or coming on Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No warning lights at all, just a general lack of umph if that's the right word to use, I have emptied out the van and still no improvement, it seems to surge every know and then??
Hi there sorry for the delay there Ok the first thing I would suspect would be a stuck open waste gate There is a small rod on the turbo in most cases this just needs to be lubticated ie: wd40 and and then work the waste gate actuator arm back and forth untill free This is a common occurance on the 2.0/2.4 older shape transit and would definitely be my first port of call in regards ***** ***** symptoms ie:no real boost /power If the rod is free and fault still present then inspect the turbo impeller condition for seizure or any damage If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian,
took a look at the waste gate arm and vacuum hose, all free and no leaks in hose, went for a drive just to make sure and still sluggish on inclines, no smoke and no warning lights, anything else to try??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Turbo impeller looks to be free moving and no damaged vanes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anyone there able to assist???????????
Hi there sorry for the delayI have not been able to access your replys Ok if the turbo waste gate rod is working freely then the next suspected isdue would be a fuel pump issue as these are very common on the older transit To clarify this a diagnostic fault code check should be carried out to see if any pump timing related codes are logged ie p1664/p1665 Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you Brian, I shall get this checked out, thank you