Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My fuel flap opens but I am unable to put the nossle in

Customer Question

Hi my fuel flap opens but I am unable to put the nossle in as the metal flap does not open
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -My name is***** happy to help / advise..Im very sorry to see you have had a wait on your enquiry- I have been off a few days and it seems no one else has responded to you..Re the issue you have - this is a common fault on this model - the usual answer is to have the fill pipe replaced with an upgraded unit ( to stop this occuring again ) .. you will need to purchase that from a Ford parts dept. Any garage can fit it for you.. but it would be worth asking your local dealer if they will do it for you for free - as some time ago, if I recall corectly, they were doing that.., its worth an ask! But overall , that is the "fix" for your problem there - Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE