Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

WE HAVE SMAX 2.0 DIESEL 2009 JUST FITTED NEW FORD FUEL

HELLO WE HAVE SMAX 2.0 DIESEL 2009 JUST FITTED NEW FORD FUEL FILTER AND NOW WONT START!!!-ITS JUST NOT PULLING FUEL THROUGH HELP PLEASE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to youOk was the fuel filter at the rear axle or in engine bay How have you tried to manually bleed it Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENGINE BAY THEN USED HAND BLEEDING PUMP ON OUTLET OF FUEL FILTER HOUSING AND DID DRAW SOME DIESEL UP.ALSO TRIED THE OTHER END WITH THE FUEL PUMP USING THE OTHER END OF THE PIPE(INLET) THAT COMES OUT OF THIS FILTER TO BLEED UPTO THE INLET OF PUMP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO GUESS WHAT AFTER SENDING THIS TO YOU I HAVE JUST FOUND A WAY IT LOOKS LIKE THESE CARS DONT SELF BLEED THEREFORE I HAVE BLEED IT THROUGH THE RETURN LINE TO THE TANK AND ITS PULLED ENOUGH DIESEL THROUGH TO THE PUMP AND NOW STARTS!! BUT MANY THANKS,NIGEL
Hi thereOk this how it is done once the one way hand primer is connected to the outlet port of the filter continually pump the primer until the fuel filter is full and solid fuel is coming out then quickly connect the fuel pipe and crank the car giving it a bit of throttle as these can be a pain to start after bleeding Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there Nigel that's great news I had already posted the process I use on a day to day basis Regarding the hand primer (as most customers expect an electric feed pump to bleed the system ) unfortunately this is the only way to start these tdci s Kind regards ***** ***** Nigel and have a nice day If you ever need any future help or technical assistance please let me know Brian