Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have had a dead battery and now don't have the password *****

Customer Question

I have had a dead battery and now don't have the password ***** my audio as I am the cars 5th owner. How can I find my password *****
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit as there is no other way to generate the code Most ford audio units have a serial number self read function built into the unit If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number The serial number will look like this - exampleV015638 or M048725 If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit WILL need to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit Kind regards ***** ***** Brian