Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Left the key in the ignition turn to position 3 2days

left the key in the ignition turn to position 3 for about 2days battery flat
charged battery and started car, car started ok but all the warning lights on dashboard were flashing also milometer and it bleep every few seconds, when driving there was no revs or speedo, also fuel and temp gauge all at zero
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.Ensure the battery is fully charged -and no faults... or fit a known good / new one.Prolonged draining of a lead / acid battery can overheat the plates and cause cell damage so if you are at all unsure - have it pro tested first before anything else.Once you have sorted as above - have the wires OFF the battery - and connect the neg and pos terminals of the leads together - clamp tight and leave like that for 2 hr. ( link them with a wire if they wont reach each other )After that time - connect up to the battery and re test -re start the car.. All should be well now as that re boots the computer on the car ( GEM )..and cluster -and should sort you out.IF it doesn't- your next step would have to be to have a plug in diag test done to rectify the issue- so its worth doing the above first - but again - do ensure the battery is right first.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --Best Rgds, MIKE