Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My 2006 transit cd 6000 radio is lighting up but it just

Customer Question

Hi my 2006 transit cd 6000 radio is lighting up but it just reads locked and won't let me inter code can you help? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok this is a fault we see commonly over a large range of vehicles and is most commonly caused by an internal fault of the audio unit
The only thing you can try is resetting the unit by either dissconectomg the power to the unit by either removing the fuse or dissconecting the battery for 10-15 minutes then retrying the code entry
But in nearly every case we see this its caused by an internally audio unit issue
Meaning this needs to be replaced with a new or what I would advise a second hand or exchange unit
Your local ford dealer can send away for an exchange unit which is a cheaper option them replacement
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian